In support of National Small Business Week, we are excited to highlight and promote five of our small businesses!
Watch for more details and special offers from our featured businesses throughout the week.
Small business is BIG BUSINESS!
- The 28 million small businesses in America account for 54% of all U.S. sales.
- Small businesses provide 55% of all jobs and 66% of all net new jobs since the 1970s.
- The 600,000 plus franchised small businesses in the U.S. account for 40% of all retail sales and provide jobs for some 8 million people.
- The small business sector in America occupies 30-50% of all commercial space, an estimated 20-34 billion square feet.
- The number of small businesses in the United States has increased 49% since 1982.
- Since 1990, as big business eliminated 4 million jobs, small businesses added 8 million new jobs.
For more interesting facts about the small business community visit:
- U.S. Census Bureau's Statistics of U.S. Businesses
- SBA Office of Advocacy's Firm Size Data
- DOE's Energy Information Administration
- National Small Business Association
If you are a small business that offers products and services to consumers, and would like to be considered as one of our featured small businesses during National Small Business Week in 2018, please email: Teri Meagher.